Dulce de leche Pumpkin Pie (makes two pies)
300g dulce de leche purchased or prepared by simmering a can of sweetened condensed milk for 4 hours
500g pumpkin puree
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees low fan, or a 325 degree still oven.
- Place the dulce de leche, pumpkin puree, egg, yolk, cream, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl and whisk until even. A hand blender works even better.
- Transfer the filling to two prepared pie shells, filling them up as much as you can.
- Bake the pies for 20 minutes, then rotate the pies front to back. Continue baking for 15-25 minutes, just until the center of the pie becomes firm.
- Remove the baked pies from the oven, let them cool at room temperature.
- The crumb crust will look crumbly- press it back into place if need be. Transfer the pie to the refrigerator and chill for 6 hours to set the crust.