425g fruit puree
25g pectin yellow
150g glucose liquid
10g malic acid
- Prepare a half sheet pan by spraying with pan spray, and lining with soft acetate.
- Place the peach puree and water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Dry mix the pectin and 75g of the sucrose until the pectin is evenly dispersed. Whisk the pectin mixture into the boiling water and raspberry.
- When the mixture has come back to a boil, whisk in the 750g sucrose and glucose.
- Cook stirring frequently to avoid scorching, until the mixture reaches *106 C degrees.
- When the mixture reaches 106 C, whisk the malic acid into the pate de fruit and immediately pour it into a greased half sheet pan. The gel will begin to form the second the malic acid is added, so make sure your pan is prepared and at your side.
- Allow pate de fruit to set at room temperature, cut in desired shapes, and dust with granulated sugar.
*For citrus pate de fruit, take the mixture to 108C