100g powdered milk
250g glucose powder
20ea avocado leaves
10g grapefruit zest
500g evaporated milk
2g malic acid
- Place powdered milk, sucrose, glucose , and stablizer in a bowl and mix until even. Set aside. Place milk and cream in a large pot, and add the avocado leaves and grapefruit zest. Transfer to medium high heat, and bring to a boil, stirring to avoid scorching.
- When the cream boils, remove from heat and infuse for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, strain the avocado leaves and grapefruit from the milk and transfer back to the large pot.
- Add the reserved sugar mixture, and cook over medium high heat, whisking to dissolve the sugars, until the liquid comes to a rolling boil.
- Strain and chill in an ice bath.
- When the ice cream base is cooled, transfer to a cambro and cure overnight in the refrigerator.
- Just before spinning the ice cream, place the avocado, evaporated milk, salt, and malic acid in the cup of the blender. Puree until smooth, then strain into the avocado leaf ice cream base. Whisk to combine, then spin in the ice cream maker.