300g egg whites
10g kosher salt
500g pistachio paste
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, glucose, and water. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of the hobart mixer. When the sugar solution comes to a boil, turn the mixer on speed 2. Prop up one side of the mixing bowl using a c-fold so that the attachment touches the bottom
- Cook the sugar solution to 135 degrees c. Make sure that the egg whites are fully whipped to a dry, stable stage, without overwhipping.
- Once the sugar reaches 135 degrees ce, turn the mixer to speed 3 and begin pouring the sugar solution down the side of the bowl making sure it doesn’t touch the whisk. Use the torch to gently heat the residual sugar off the side of the bowl.
- Turn the mixer back to speed 2 and let it mix for 18 minutes.
- Parchment line and spray a flat half sheet tray.
- Once the 18 minutes has elapsed, add the pistachio puree and fold in using a bowl scraper until evenly combined.
- Spread evenly into the prepared half sheet tray using pan spray to avoid ripping the nougat.
- Cover with a sprayed half sheet of parchment, wrap, and allow to crystallize overnight. The texture should be like the filling of a 3 muskateers bar.
Variations – Replace 500g Pistachio Puree with:
500g Peanut Butter
425g Praline Paste – 50g FreezeDried Banana Powder
400g Chocolate dark-
400g Chocolate White + 25g cocoa butter melted together until smooth
400g Chocolate Milk – 50g cocoa powder melted together until smooth
200g White chocolate + 100g malted milk powder