300g flour ap
25g ground espresso, freshly ground
1g baking powder
125g brown sugar
200g butter melted and cooled, but still liquid, no hotter than 100degreesF
- Place flour, ground espresso, baking powder, sucrose, brown sugar, and salt in a bowl. Toss with your hands until evenly combined.
- Add the butter, and toss with your hands until a fine streusel is formed.
- Transfer the streusel to a parchment lined sheet pan and bake at 325 for 10 turn 5 minutes, breaking up the streusel when you rotate the pan.
- After 15 minutes, remove the pan from the oven, and while still hot and flexible, break the streusel into very small bitsies.
- Cool completely before transferring to delis for storage in the pantry.