Steamed Pumpkin Cake
300g flour AP
100g coconut flake processed in a robot coupe until fine
5g anise ground
10g baking powder
10g baking soda
500g pumpkin puree
300g coconut cream
200g brown sugar
- Whisk flour, coconut flake, anise, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place the pumpkin puree and coconut cream in a bowl and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Place eggs, brown sugar, and sucrose in the bowl of a kitchen aid mixer. Whip on medium speed for 5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the pumpkin coconut mixture. Whisk on low for 1 minute, until the pumpkin and coconut are evenly incorporated.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl, and add the reserved flour. Change to the paddle attachment, and paddle on speed 4 until even.
- Divide the batter between 2 x 8 inch parchment lined cake pans, scaled at 850g per pan.
- Transfer the cakes to a steam oven and steam for 35 minutes. Once steamed, remove and transfer to the back speed rack to cool before dividing the cake into 50 g pieces.