1g lemon zest
200g sorghum syrup
800g pecans toasted for 5 turn 5 minutes, then chopped into medium pieces in the robot coupe
- Place cream and lemon zest in a small pot and bring to a boil. When the cream boils remove from heat and set aside.
- Place butter, sorghum, sucrose, and salt in a medium pot. Place over medium high heat and cook, whisking to dissolve sugar. Cook until the syrup reaches 150 degrees C.
- When the syrup reaches 150 degrees C, add the reserved cream bit by bit whisking until even.
- Once the sorghum sauce is smooth pass through a chinoise into a bowl and add the pecans. Stir until evenly coated and allow to cool in the bowl at room temperature, stirring occasionally to encourage even coating.
- Once cool pack into pint delis and store in the low boy.