100g popcorn kernals nichols farms
100g rice bran oil
200g brown sugar
- Place the pecans on a full sized sheet pan and set aside.
- Place popcorn kernals and oil in a pot with tall sides. Place over high heat and cover with a half sheet pan. When the kernals begin to pop, start gently aggitating the pot to encourage even popping. Continue popping until the popcorn kernals are popping 3 seconds apart.
- Immediately dump the popped popcorn from the pot into a perforated pan, to avoid scorching. Shake the unpopped kernals through the perforated pan, then transfer the popped popcorn to the pan with the pecans and mix them together into an even layer. Place in a 250 degree oven.
- Place the brown sugar, sorghum, butter, and salt in a small pot. Place over medium high heat, and cook, whisking to dissolve the sugars, until the syrup reaches 130 degrees F.
- When the syrup has reached 130 degrees F, remove the pan from the oven and drizzle the hot syrup evenly over the popcorn and nuts. Immediately start stirring to evenly coat the popcorn and nuts.
- Place the cracker jack in a 300 degree oven and cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 to ensure even baking.
- Transfer to the speed rack to cool.
- Once cool, Transfer to the bowl of a robot coupe and pulse until it resembles cous cous.
- Store in delis in the pantry.