2 tahitian vanilla beans, split, seeds scraped from the pod
100g butter melted
65g flour all purpose
10g baking powder
800g apples granny smith, peeled and shaved on a mandolin
1. Place the eggs, sucrose, and vanilla seeds in the bowl of a kitchen aid. Whip on high for 3 minutes, until very thick and light.
2. After 3 minutes, turn the mixer to low and drizzle the butter in. When all the butter has been added, add the reserved flour. Whisk on low until even.
3. When the flour has been folded in evenly, add the milk. Continue mixing on low until the batter is even. Remove the bowl from the mixer, scrape the sides and finish mixing by hand until even.
4. Pour the batter over the apples, and fold with a rubber spatula until the apples are evenly coated.
5. Transfer to a 9 inch cake pan lined with parchment. Place the cake in a 325 degree F convection oven, low fan. Bake for 30 minutes, turn and bake 10 more.
6. Transfer to the speed rack to cool. When cool, transfer the cake to the refrigerartor and let the cake rest overnight before cutting into 8 even pieces.
Additional Components for plating
Black Olive Oil, Shaved Parmesan