1 vanilla bean
1g lemon juice
- Line molds with tempered dark chocolate.
- Place the cream, the seeds from the vanilla bean, and the salt in a pot and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Rub the sugar together with the lemon juice, set aside.
- Heat a medium sized sauce pan. Melt and caramelize the sugar over direct heat while stirring constantly.
- When the sugar is caramelized to a medium amber, add the butter. Stir until incorporated. Add the hot cream bit by bit, stirring until even.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before use. When cooled, the consistency should be thick. If too much moisture is removed from the cream while cooking, it will be stiff. Add cream to restore the proper consistency.
- Fill dark chocolate lined molds to within 3 mm of the top.
Seal the molds using tempered dark chocolate. Allow to set completely before unmolding.