2000g cream kilgus
5g lemon zest
200g lemon juice
250g buttermilk kilgus
5g lactic acid
30drops rose extract
20drops bitter almond extract
2 sheets gelatin soaked in ice water
- Place the lemon juice, buttermilk, lactic acid, rose extract, and bitter almond extract in a bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Place cream, sucrose, and lemon zest in a medium sized pot with tall sides. Place the pot over medium high heat, and cook, whisking to dissolve the sucrose until the cream boils.
- When the cream boils, turn the heat to a low setting, enough to maintain a simmer wihtout boiling over the sides of the pot. Set the timer for 5 minutes.
- When the cream has boiled for 5 minutes, remove from heat and stir in the soaked gelatin sheets. Strain the cream into the reserved lemon juice mixture and whisk to combine.
- Let the posset stand at room temperature for 10 minutes (use a timer). After 10 minutes, stir the posset one more time then cast into small delis.
- Let the delis set in the refrigerator uncovered overnight, 12 hours minimum.