300g flour ap
1. Place water, butter, salt, and sucrose in a wide flat pot. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. When the water comes to a boil, add the flour, and stir forcibly with a spatula until it forms a tight even dough.
2. Transfer the dough to the bowl of the kithen aid and add the parmesan. Paddle the dough on medium speed until the parmesan is evenly incorporated.
3. With the mixer on, add the eggs, one at a time. Mix until the dough comes back together between each addition.
4. When all the eggs have been incorporated, turn the mixer to medium high speed and paddle until the dough cools to room temperature. Transfer to a cambro and store in the refrigerator to chill for an hour.
5. To pipe the crullers: Fold 2 half sized pieces of parchment into 24 even squares. 4 x 6. Unfold, and line half sheet pans with the parchment.
6. Fill a piping bag fit with a star tip with the parmesan batter. Using the squares as a size guide, pipe even beautiful circles of the batter in each square.
7. Transfer the sheet pans to the freezer until completely set- 4 hours. Once the crullers are set, then gather them up and store them in delis for service.
1. Preheat the fryer to 350 degrees. Drop the crullers in flat side down. Fry the crullers for 2 minutes, then flip them, frying for another 2 minutes. Continue doing this until 12 minutes have elapsed, and the crullers have fried 3 times on each side.
2. Transfer the crullers to a half sheet pan lined with paper towels and transfer to the back rack. Cool, then store in a square container on the line for service.
3. To pick up for service, fry at 350 for 1 minute on each side.