100g glucose powdered
300g egg whites
5g cream of tartar
- Place sucrose, atomized glucose, and salt in a small bowl and whisk until evenly dispersed.
- Place egg whites in the bowl of the kitchen aid. Whip on speed 6 until the egg whites hold soft peaks.
- Add 50g of the reserved sugar mixture and mix for 1 minute. After 1 minute, add another 50g of the sugar mixture. Continue mixing 1 minute between 50g additions until all the sugar mixture is in the meringue. Once all the sugar is in the meringue, mix until the meringue has reached glossy stiff peaks.
- Transfer to a piping bag fit with the desired tip. Pipe the meringue into kisses or other shapes on a lightly greased parchment lined sheet pan. Transfer to the dehydrator for 12 hours, or overnight.
- Once dry, remove the sheet pan from the dehydrator and transfer to an airtight container.
For flavor variations-
Add zests and vanilla beans to the sugar mixture and rub together until evenly distribute.
For extracts and concentrates
Add at the end of whipping in the concentration recomended on the bottle
For colors, add at the end of whipping
Paint the side walls of the interior of the piping bag with color.
Garnish by dipping in chocolates, and dipping again in a textural component while the chocolate is fluid to adhere.