5 vanilla beans tahitian, split and seeded
50g marigold dried
150g flour ap
- Place milk, honey,and vanilla beans in a large pot and place over medium high heat, whisking to dissolve honey.
- When the cream comes to a boil, add the marigold, whisk to combine, and infuse for 3 minutes. Use a timer, the marigold becomes very bitter if over extracted.
- After 3 minutes, strain the marigold cream and set aside.
- Place yolks, sucrose, flour, and salt in the bowl of a kitchen aid mixer and whip on high speed for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, turn speed to 2, and add the marigold cream.
- Strain marigold cream into a clean pot and place over medium high heat. Cook, whisking constantly until the pastry cream starts to boil. Cook at a boil for 2 minutes, timed with a timer.
- After 2 minutes, remove from heat, add the butter, and whisk until combined.
- Transfer to a 2 inch, full sized hotel pan, and press plastic wrap on the surface. Cool completely before transfering to delis for storage in the lowboy.