325g butter at room temp
5g vanilla paste
1g almond extract
300g ap flour
100g buckwheat flour
500g jam housemade
100g sliced almonds
- Place the ap flour, buckwheat flour, and salt in a small bowl, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place butter, sucrose, vanilla, and almond in the bowl of a kitchen aid. With the paddle attachment, mix on high speed for 5 minutes, until light and fluffy and fully creamed.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and sift the reserved flour mix into the bowl. Paddle on low speed until evenly combined.
- Scale 325g of dough into two fluted tart pans lined with parchment. Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the edge to make a very small lip, only ¼ of an inch. Just enough to keep the thin layer of jam from escaping.
- Scale 250g of jam into each tart and spread to fill the tart.
- Break the remaining dough up into crumbles, and scatter over the tarts, 150g each, making sure to cover the entire tart to the edge of the pan.
- Scatter 50g of sliced almonds over each tart.
- Bake at 325 low fan for 15 turn 15 minutes.
Allow to cool completely before unpanning and cutting into 8 pieces.