1900g cream 2 quarts
- Place the cream in a medium pot. Set aside.
- Cut horseradish into ½ inch pieces, and transfer to the cup of a robot coupe. Process until the horseradish is broken up into pieces the size of rice.
- Transfer the horseradish to the pot with the cream, and place over medium high heat. Cook until the cream comes to a boil, whisking to incorporate the horseradish. When the cream comes to a boil, remove from heat, and allow the cream to infuse for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, strain the horseradish from teh cream, and transfer to delis for storage in the low boy. Chill for 24 hours minimum.
Horseradish butter pearls
1 batch horseradish cream
- Place chilled horseradish cream in the bowl of the kitchen aid. Whip on speed 6, unitl the cream begins to break. Turn mixer to speed 2, and continue whipping until the butter breaks from the buttermilk, and starts to form small pearls. Keep a very watchful eye, if the butter is mixed too long the pearls will start to compress into an irreversible mass of butter.
- Stop the mixer, and strain the butter pearls from the buttermilk.
- Discard the buttermilk, and transfer the horseradish butter pearls to delis for storage in the low boy.