530g hazelnuts, toasted at 325 for 5 turn 8
145g 70% cacao barry chocolate
2g maldon salt
120g powdered sugar
20g cocoa powder
- Place the chocolate in a medium sized stainless bowl over a double boiler on low heat to melt the chocolate.
- Using the back of a pan or small pot, apply pressure to the hazelnuts, cracking them slightly to break them in half without allowing them to be smaller than the size of peas.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add the hazelnuts to the bowl. Using a rubber spatula, toss the hazelnuts to enrobe them with chocolate.
- After the hazelnuts are completely coated in chocolate, add the salt, maldon salt, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder. Stir to coat the hazelnuts, making sure to seperate each pieces from itself to prevent clumps from forming.
- Once the hazelnuts are coated in the dusting mixture, use a basket strainer to remove any excess dusting.
- Store in quart delis in the pantry.