Date Ice Cream
800g whipped date
200g glucose atomized
10g urfa biber
- Place whipped date in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place glucose, sucrose, and stablizer in a small bowl and mix until even.
- Place milk, cream, salt, and urfa in a large pot and place over medium high heat. When the dairy comes to a boil, add the sugar mixture and whisk until combined. Continue cooking until the solution comes back to a boil.
- Once the dairy comes to a boil, remove from heat and temper a small amount of the dairy into the egg yolks. immediately whisk the yolks back into the hot dairy in the pot. The residual heat from the initial boil should be enough to thicken the eggs.
- Immediately strain over the reserved date puree. Use a hand blender to incorporate.
- Strain the ice cream base into a medium sized bowl. Transfer to a large bowl filled with ice water and chill.
- Once chilled, transfer to a container for storage in the low boy overnight.