200g lemon juice
3g lemon zest
10g vanilla paste Nielsen massey
1g almond extract
- Place the lemon juice and buttermilk in a medium sized metal bowl and set aside.
- Place the cream, sucrose, and lemon zest in a medium pot with tall sides. Place over medium high heat, whisking to dissolve the sugar, until the cream comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to maintain a boil and cook for 5 timed minutes.
- When the timer goes off and the cream has boiled for 5 minutes, Remove from heat and add the vanilla paste, and almond extract. Stir until combined.
- Strain the hot cream into the bowl with the lemon juice and buttermilk, and whisk to combine.
- Let the mixture stand at room temperature for 10 timed minutes. After the timer goes off and the cream has stood for 10 minutes, stir with a spatula. Immediately portion 100g of the crème avec into casuelas . Chill for 4 hours, preferably overnight.