Coconut Cream/Coconut Flakes
- Working over a bowl, crack coconuts open with the back of a cleaver. Use an oyster knife to pry the coconuts open when they split, letting the coconut water collect in the bowl.
- When the coconuts are cracked, filter the coconut water through a coffee filter. Reserve the coconut water.
- Using an oyster knife, seperate the coconut flesh from the hard outer shell.
- When the flesh is free of the shell, use a peeler to peel the thin soft brown skin from the coconut.
- Rinse the coconut flesh, and cut in 1 inch pieces.
- Warm the coconut pieces in the microwave for 1 minute. When the coconut is warm, process it through the champion juicer.
- Spread the dry coconut fiber on a parchment lined sheet pan and transfer to the dehydrator. Dry for 24 hours, until completely dry. Once dry, transfer to delis for storage in the pantry.
- Place the coconut cream in the cup of a vita prep and add the filtered coconut water. Blend for 1 minute. After 1 minute, pass the coconut cream through a chinoise, and store in delis in the low boy.