400g chocoalte TCHO 84 %
100g milk chocolate TCHO 53%
20g cocoa powder
10g vanilla extract
60g cornstarch dissolved in 100g cold water
8 drops fennel extract
- Place dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and cocoa powder in a medium sized bowl. Transfer the bowl to a double boiler, and stir until melted and even. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the milk, sucrose, vanilla, and salt in a medium pot. Place over medium high heat, and whisk to dissolve the sucrose, until the solution comes to a boil.
- When the solution comes to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and whisk in the cornstarch. Continue cooking while whisking for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, remove the pot from heat, and pour the thickened dairy over the melted chocolates. Whisk until the chocolate is evenly combined. Add the sambuca and espresso, and whisk until evenly combined.
- Transfer the chocolate pudding to a metal bowl. Press plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding, and transfer to an ice bath to chill. When cold, transfer pudding to delis for storage in the refrigerator.
When cold, transfer the pudding to 600g piping bags to hold for service.