4sheets gelatin soaked in ice water
450g chocolate guanaja, melted
- Place cream in a small pot and bring to a simmer. Add the gelatin and stir until evenly dissolved.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and add the salt. Stir until evenly combined. Set aside on teh counter and stirr occasionally until the chocolate drops to 70 degrees.
- When the chocolate has cooled, place the whites in the bowl of a kitchen aid. Whip on speed 4 until the whites reach medium peaks. Begin adding the sucrose, 50g at a time, waiting 1 minute between each addition. When all the sucrose has been added, continue whipping for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes fold the meringue into the chocolate in 3 additions. Transfer to a cambro for storage in the low boy. Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- After the cremeux chills completely, transfer the cremeux to a bowl and beat with a rubber spatula until smooth. Transfer the cremeux to 200g piping bags for storage on the line.