575g dark chocolate
350g milk chocolate
- Place the dark and milk chocolates, and the salt in a plastic work bowl and set aside.
- Place the cream in a small pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Preheat a medium sized sauce pan. Sprinkle 50 g of sugar over the bottom. When the sugar melts and begins to take on color, stir in another 50g of sugar. When the new addition of sugar melts and takes on color, add 50g of sugar. Repeat this process of melting the sugar 50g at a time until all the sugar has melted and taken on a deep amber color.
- Add the butter, and remove from heat. Stir the warm cream and butter into the caramel until smooth and even.
- Strain the caramel over the chocolates. Using a hand blender, mix on speed 1 until an even ganache has formed.
- Pour into a very flat half sheet pan lined with plastic. Spread until even, and chill for 2 hours, or until completely set.
Cut into 1 inch squares and either dust with cocoa powder, or dip in tempered chocolate.