Cherry Poached Cherries
2000g cherries stems removed, washed
2000g cherry juice
100g cherry heering
30g malic acid
5g morello cherry extract
5g lemon zest
5 ea vanilla skeletons
- Cut cherries in half, and carefully remove the pit, leaving the cherry halves intact. Set aside.
- Place water, cherry juice, sucrose, cherry heering, hibiscus, malic acid, morello cherry extract, lemon zest, and vanilla skelletons in a large pot. Place over medium high heat, and cook until the liquid boils, whisking to dissolve sucrose.
- When the liquid comes to a boil, remove from heat and steep for 1 hour. After 1 hour, strain the cherry poaching liquid, and tranfer back to a clean pot.
- Add the cherry halves to the pot, and cook over medium low heat, until the liquid simmers. Continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes over low heat, until the cherries start to puff and are cooked. Remove the pot from heat and allow the cherries to cool in the poaching liquid.
- When cool, transfer to a cambro for storage in the refrigerator.