2000g rhubarb, cut in 1 inch pieces
300g brown sugar
- Place brown sugar, sucrose, and cardamom in a small bowl, and mix unitl evenly combined.
- Place rhubarb on an unlined full sheet pan, spreading into an even layer. Sprinkle the cardamom sugar over the rhubarb evenly and all the way to the edges.
- Bake at 350 low fan for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, shake the pan to mix the bubbling sugar and juices a little, and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven, and with the large offset spatula, gently turn the rhubarb with the liquefied sugar to coat. Try to maintain the shape of the rhubarb, avoid turning it to mush.
- Transfer the sheet pan to the tall boy, and chill completely, allowing the pectin in the rhubarb to set and help keep the shape of the rhubarb intact.
- When the rhubarb is completely set, carefully transfer to a deli for storage in the low boy.