Caramel Pine nuts 2 x 500g pints
400g pine nuts toasted at 325 for 4 turn 3 minutes
5g orange zest
- Place the pine nuts in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place cream, orange zest, and rum in a small pot, and place over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and reserve in a warm place.
- Place sucrose, water, and salt in a medium sized pot. Cook over medium high heat until it reaches a medium amber.
- When the caramel is the correct color, add the butter and stir until even. Add the reserved cream, and stir until even.
- Strain the caramel over the pine nuts, and stir periodically as it cools to encourage even absorption of the caramel into the pine nuts.