200g black walnuts
100g powdered sugar
10g cocoa powder
100g egg whites
125g butter soft
200g egg whites
- Place black walnuts, walnuts, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder in the bowl of a robot coupe. Pulse until the nuts are broken up into a meal, but not too fine or they will get greasy.
- Add the salt and butter and process until even. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the 100g egg whites. Pulse until evenly blended, then transfer to a large metal bowl and set aside.
- Place the 200g egg whites in a kitchen aid bowl, and whip on speed 4 until soft peaks form. Add the sucrose 25g at a time, mixing 1 minute between additions. After the last addition, continue whipping for 2 minutes.
- When the meringue is glossy and tight, transfer it to the reserved nut batter and fold gently wiht a spatula.
- Transfer the daquoise to a half sheet pan lined with parchment and sprayed. Spread evenly with an offset spatula.
- Bake the cake for 7 turn 8 minutes, until set.
- When the cake is baked through, transfer to the speed rack to cool. When cool, cut in pieces and transfer to delis for storage in the refrigerator.