1000g black raspberry puree
10g malic acid
10g gellan low acyl
- Place the black raspberry puree and malic acid in a small pot, and bring to a simmer. When the puree simmers, remove from heat and keep warm.
- Place the sucrose and gellan in a small bowl and mix until even.
- Place the water in a medium pot, and add the dry mixed gellan, using a hand blender to evenly incorporate. Place over medium high heat and bring to a boil, whisking. When the water comes to a full rolling boil, add the black raspberry puree and whisk until even. Continue cooking until the solution comes back to a boil.
- Tranfer to 2 quart delis and store in the low boy until they gel, about 4 hours.
- When the gel sets transfer to the cup of a blender and puree until smooth. Pass through a chinoise and store in delis in the low boy.