400g almond paste
225g butter 65-70 degrees
6 eggs room temperature
90g flour AP
100g almond soaker
- Place almond paste, sucrose, and honey in the bowl of a kitchen aid. Mix on speed 2 for 2 minutes, until the almond paste is broken up by the sugar. Add the butter, and cream on speed 10 for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, scrape the sides and paddle down.
- Add the eggs, 2 at a time, mixing for 1 minute between each addition, and scraping the sides of the bowl and the paddle down after each addition.
- When all the eggs have been added, add the amaretto and mix on speed 8 for 1 minute.
- Add the flour and salt, and mix on low until even.
- Transfer the batter to a parchment lined half sheet pan, and spread with the large offset spatula until even. Bake at 325 for 10 turn 10
- When done baking, remove the cake from the oven, and immediately brush the almond soaker over the cake evenly. Transfer to the speed rack to cool.
- When cool, remove the brown top and bottom crust, and break into small crumbs.
300g cardamom syrup
- Place cardamom syrup and amaretto in a deli, and stir to combine.