300g butter, cubed
1 vanilla bean, Tahitian
450g sliced almonds
- Spread almonds in an even layer on a full sheet pan and toast at 350F for 4 turn 4 or until golden brown. Keep warm.
- Scale butter into a deli and scrape seeds from vanilla bean onto butter. Set aside and keep at room temperature.
- Preheat a medium sized sauce pan. Sprinkle 50 g of sucrose over the bottom. When the sucrose melts and begins to take on color, stir in another 50g of sucrose. When the new addition of sucrose melts and takes on color, add 50g of sucrose. Repeat this process of melting the sucrose 50g at a time until all the sucrose has melted and taken on a deep amber color.
- Remove caramel from heat and whisk in half of the butter. When butter is emulsified, add honey, whisking to combine. Add remaining butter and whisk until smooth.
- Fold almonds into caramel until evenly dispersed and spread into a parchment-lined ¼ sheet pan.
- Chill for 30 minutes in cooler before cutting.